The research activities completed in this period were the following:
- Gathering the opinions of teachers in the Greek-Language program of Minority primary schools, regarding the new textbooks and educational materials produced by the Project.
- Examining the dropout of Minority pupils from the secondary school (which is compulsory).
- Conducting research on the Greek language fluency and competence levels of pupils at Minority primary schools.
- Doing an exploratory research on, and documenting, Minority members’ attitudes on their children continuing their education in secondary schools.
- Documenting exhaustively all available sources on Greek as a second/foreign language and compiling an annotated bibliography on this topic.
- Conducting a comparative evaluation of the books used for the teaching of Greek as a second/foreign language.
Research Papers & Reports:
- Askouni, N. & Stamelos, G. (2004). “Studying at Secondary School and Muslim Children’s School Dropout”.
- Bozatzis, N., Konstantinidou, Th., Tsonidis, A., & Fingou, E. (2004). “Identities and Education: An Analysis of the Majority and Minority Discourses in Thrace.”
- Tzevelekou, M., V. Kantzou, S. Stamouli, S. Varlokosta, V. Hondroyanni, I. Papageorgakopoulos, V. Lytra & M. Iakovou (2004). “Greek as Second Language: An Evaluation Scale and Measuring the Level of Competence in Greek at Minority Schools of Thrace”. Final Report Submitted to the Project for the Education of Muslim Children: 2002-2004.