Classes for re-sit pupils in secondary schools have been offered within the framework of the summer educational activities of the KESPEMs since the summer of 2011. These classes aim at preparing these pupils to succeed in their September exams. The large participation and the very high success rates confirm the social importance and the educational efficacy of these classes.
* Classes in 2011: From August 17 to September 3, 2011, the KESPEMs of Komotini and Xanthi organized tutorial classes that aimed at helping re-sit pupils of secondary schools in the courses in whose exams they failed in June. The classes were attended by 245 pupils and the success rate in the September exams was very high.
* Classes in 2012: For the second year in a row, in the summer of 2012, the KESPEMs organized classes for re-sit pupils of secondary schools. The classes took place from August 23rd to September 2nd, 2012, and were attended in total by 276 pupils who overall achieved great success in the exams. The success rate approached 90 %.
Further details on the summer classes for re-sit pupils in 2012
* Classes 2013: For a third consecutive year, the KESPEMs of Xanthi, Komotini, and Iasmos offered classes for re-sit secondary school pupils, i.e., pupils who had to re-take their exams to move to the next grade. In Komotini, the KESPEM organized a section for high school re-sit pupils, as well. The classes began on 08/17/2013, were completed on 09/03/2013. The classes were attended regularly by 209 pupils. Their success in the re-sit exams was close to perfect: The number of pupils who passed their exams and moved to the next grade was 195, in other words, 93.3% of those who attended the classes.
Further details on the summer classes for re-sit pupils in 2013
* Classes in 2014: The KESPEMs offered intensive classes for re-sit secondary school pupils fro August 17 to August 28, 2017. The classes were attended regularly by 214 students. The success rate was very high: the classes were attended by 191 students, of which more than 89% are moving to the next grade.
* Classes in 2015: From August 18 to September 1, 2015 the KESPEMs organized tutorial classes to help re-sit pupils in the courses whose exams they failed in June. The success rate was really high: the classes were attended by regularly by 191 students, out of which more than 89% are moving to the next grade.